After watching the second episode of the Great British Sewing Bee last night, who’s inspired to make their boyfriend/ brother/ dad/ husband/ postman a lovely new set of pyjamas?! It’s Father’s Day in June guys, so get planning now!
The winner of Best Garment this week was Lynda (#TeamLynda!) with her lovelyyyyy candy-striped pyjama set. Want to make the same pattern for yourself? Lynda used the Simplicity 2317 sewing pattern to make her men’s pyjamas which you can find right here.
- Hobbycraft sells the same Tanya Whelan striped cotton that Lynda used for her pyjamas.
- Minerva Crafts has some nice candy shades.
- Elephant in My Handbag has a wide selection of striped fabrics in rainbow colours.
- Truro Fabrics has various pastel-coloured candy striped fabrics.
- MyFabrics has loads and loads of striped cotton fabrics to choose from.
- Etsy is also a brilliant place to look for one-off designs
Has anybody made this pattern before? Send me your links or tips for making it if you have!
I also did a round-up of the silk nightgown patterns that the contestants made last week. Click here to see the links to the sewing patterns.