I spotted this recipe originally over here at Simply Made Kitchen & Crafts – although I’ve adapted the recipe to make it my own (and to make it more UK user-friendly! There are no ‘sticks’ of butter over here, thank you very much.) I also used a 7″ round cake tin rather than a square one, but that’s up to you.
The recipe for this delicious (and easy!) oaty, jammy tray bake is as follows:
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g butter, softened
- 150g porridge oats
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50ml milk
- strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line your cake tin or baking tray.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix these dry ingredients into the butter mixture and add the milk (add more milk if the mixture looks too dry.)
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the tin, spread a good layer of jam over the top and then press the rest of the mixture on top so that the jam is covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool and serve!